Today marks ONE MORE WEEK until I finish my current job (and start my new one!) and ONE MORE WEEK of being 31 years old.
I am on a mission to make 32 the best I can.
My focus being firstly on my career, secondly on my well-being and fitness and thirdly travelling whenever possible.
And (of course this goes without saying), seeing my family more and focusing on strengthening relationships with everyone who makes up the jigsaw puzzle of my life.
Perhaps most importantly I am on a mission to make 32 the year I have the best relationship with myself.
And by that, I mean; to be proud of myself, in work and how I go about my days, weeks, months ahead.
The best version of me I can be = the best I will be for the world and for every person I cross paths with.
To (help) keep myself on track for where I want to go as I start this next phase of my career and personal life, I have decided to give myself more time for looking for inspiration.
One of the ways I’ll be doing this (nothing new to the masses, but it kinda is to me) is trading in my music for Podcasts where I can train my mind at the same time as I train my body; while running.
This morning, as I ran the cliffs before work, I found a new Podcast by a guy I had never heard of before; Lewis Howes.
Turns out Lewis Howes is kinda a BIG DEAL.
He went through a lot when he was younger and came out on top in a world where we now inspires and mentors MILLIONS of people (just like me and you) daily through his work.
As I ran I was all ”YES! This is what I needed to hear right now!”.
It set me up for the day ahead and made me want to share it with you …
Lewis Howes ‘7 Keys to living a successful life’
1. Always follow your dreams ‘’If we don’t have a dream we will be unfulfilled’’.
2. Grow your mind – ”Our greatest happiness comes when we are learning”.
3. Share your talents – ”Believe in yourself enough to share your gifts to help others”
4. Find friends that inspire you – ”Hangout with people who bring the best out in you, cut out the negative”
5. Take care of your body – ”It’s the only place you have to live’’
6. Live in gratitude ”Acknowledge the good you already have in your life’’
7. Be of service to others ”No one has ever become poor by giving”
The podcast is 8 mins long and well worth 8 mins of your day. You can check it out below.
Thanks for reading – enjoy the Podcast! Have a great weekend!